Schedule: see details below
- Th Feb 2 Pedagogy First! 3-3:50 Pacific Time — Welcome back and Personal Learning Networks (Collaborate)
- Fri Feb 3: First Friday: First Friday: 2:00-2:50 pm, Room OC4804 —Setting the Stage for Online Classes
- Fri Feb 3: First Friday: 3:00-3:50 pm, Room OC4802 — Discussion Group for Connections: Virtual Learning Communities
- Th February 16 at 3 pm Control and Freedom in Online Classes (Collaborate)
- Wed Mar 7: Pedagogy First! 2-2:50 PT — Hybrid Teaching with Kelly Trainor (sponsored by Yavapai Community College) The Collaborate recording is here.
- Th Mar 15: Third Thursday Online: 3-3:50 pm PT — topic TBA (
Collaborate) (Google Plus Hangout – contact Lisa for invite and see this tutorial on activating Google Plus)
- Fri Apr 6: First Friday: 2:00-2:50 pm, Room OC4804 —Rejuvenating Your Classes
- Fri Apr 6: First Friday: 3:00-3:50 pm, Room OC4802 — Discussion Group for Connections: Virtual Learning Communities
- Th Apr 19: Third Thursday Online: 2:30-3:20 pm PT at the TIC (upstairs in back of the library) and in Google Plus Hangout Recording is here
On campus and online combined session with faculty from Yavapai Community College, MiraCosta Community College, Shelton State Community College, and Folsom Lake College.
- Fri May 4: First Friday: 2:00-2:50 pm, Room OC4804 —Successes!
- Fri May 4: First Friday: 3:00-3:50 pm, Room OC4804 — Discussion Group for Connections: Virtual Learning Communities
First Fridays at Oceanside
Feb 3, Mar 2, Apr 6, May 4
2:00-2:50 pm, OC 4804
Beginning February 3, our First Fridays this semester will be at Oceanside campus in 4804, hosted by Laura Paciorek. Each will feature a discussion and experimentation workshop for individuals interested in online teaching. The first part of the workshop will feature a focused discussion, suggested by the facilitator and/or attendees, then participants can move to computers in the lab to practice and or demonstrate some of the things we discuss. Each First Friday workshop may have a different focus and can evolve based upon interests. There may even be some mini demonstrations and guest presentations. Topics:
- Setting the Stage for Online Classes (Feb 3, Room 4804, 2-2:50 pm)
- A Mid-Semester Check-In (March 2, Room 4804, 2-2:50pm)
- Rejuvenating Your Classes (April 6, Room 4804, 2-2:50pm)
- Successes! (May 4, Room 4804, 2-2:50pm)
POT Book Discussion Group: Connections: Virtual Learning Communities
3:00-3:50 pm, OC 4802
We are pleased to announce POT’s first book book discussion group, led by Laura Paciorek from 3:00-3:50 pm on each First Friday, following the Discussion/Experiment Workshops.
The first book is a free e-book by Richard Schwier, titled Connections: Virtual Learning Communities. For more information about the book, visit:http://rickscafe.wordpress.
Sign up at the flex website.
Third Thursdays Online
Beginning Thursday, February 16 at 3 pm, we will have online presentations and discussions in Collaborate (previously Elluminate) as part a collaborative effort with other community colleges whose faculty are involved in the Pedagogy First! online certificate class. Everyone is welcome to join us. The topic for February 16 is “Control and Freedom in Online Classes” (Collaborate Recording is here). Sessions will be at either 11 am or 3 pm to accommodate our international participants.
Our two other sessions will be:
Thursday, April 19 at 3 pm in Collaborate (closing session for Pedagogy First! 2011-12)
Sign up at the flex website.
PLN session at Pedagogy First! February 2
All faculty from all community colleges are welcome to join us for these online events at Pedagogy First!, the POT Certificate Class website. Our first is:
- Feb 2 Pedagogy First! 3-3:50 Pacific Time — Welcome back and Personal Learning Networks (Collaborate session here)